Designer wants a wife

/ jeudi 6 novembre 2014 /
DESIGNER.

NEEDS.

A.

WIFE.


Forget Farmer wants a wife, and the German spin off Baker wants a wife, I think we should create a television series entitled Designer needs a wife. What do you think? Wouldn’t it be a hit? Not only would it be more gender friendly and express the closing gap of sexes (Thank Goodness that this day has finally come), but also tap into the more alternative market.

Plus, there is an obvious yearning. I have talked to a large number of my designer girlfriends, and they all agree that there is a need… but perhaps I am talking to the wrong crowd here, those that are already converted, or perhaps I am talking to an audience of Headstrong feminists who are seething under their breath right now, thinking “we ain’t needing no men, na-ah!” In that case, I am truly sorry, but honestly! We need more alternatives to be watching television. Right now no one I know watches the TV, and that’s mostly because it is filled with tacky reality TV; Jersey Shore and Eurovision. I mean Jersey shore is OK for five minutes, and Eurovision is great for an evening, but we need more content! Can I get an Amen from the audience? Give the people what they want. I assume all of the TV stations have done their homework, and that the know what the people want. Apparently it is reality TV. Anyway, that is my thought of the hour…

Can you imagine what the show would be like? It would be amazing, not only would the content not need to be scripted, but they would have intelligent girls, which is what reality TV needs more of. Designers are great; they are radical, quick witted, and are great entertainment. Plus, we dress well too, which is a bonus. The contestants could create the videos themselves, and friends could add in illustrator and photoshop backgrounds, it would be trippy, and an educational experience for all.

I mean, I have seen a few eps. of Farmer wants a wife, and from what I understand a school mate even got married to a farmer from the show back in Sydney, but there is only so many scenes of milking cows and awkward conversations I can withhold. In the dutch version, I remember the ladies had to make a gift for the other contestants, they were hand made clay and photo montages of the contestant and the farmer... but can you imagine Designer needs a husband? Man, the hand made presents would be cool to the extreme, not to mention adding in a time limitation "Who can create a gift in 15 minutes". You'd come up with some pretty whacky ideas, but I am getting carried away with myself.

Perhaps I am being too traditional – you’re probably thinking ‘Girl, you don’t need no man’, I mean which working woman really needs a man these days anyway. Well I’m not sure if I speak only for myself or whether I am going through a quarter life crisis, but I am going to put it out there and say that it is pretty natural to assume that you will end up with a dashingly intelligent man. Many of us are so extreme that we need someone to bring us back down to earth... But with all of us women trying to pursue a career, part of me just thinks – I am just so happy where I am, there really is no need for a man. Hanging out with a bunch of single designer girls doesn’t help either… but when you go back home and all of your friends are getting married, it hits you. A friend said it was the symptoms of a wedding, perhaps he is right, but when I walked into the pet store yesterday, I was struck by the number of couples that were around. Anyway, I have heard that I am quite the matchmaker. Two friends of mine that I set up 7 years ago just got married, so I think I have a knack for it. That’s it! I am going to put a call out tonight for single males and females tonight, network them, and the film it. Perhaps I will make a start up from it! An App maybe? The possibilities are endless!

For all of those lovely ladies out there, the Laundromat is definitely a great place to start conversations. I had never been in one before, and stumbled into one last night on my way home from dinner as I thought it would be interesting to research what really goes on in there, and all that was sitting there were about 15 young males.

In any case, even if the TV networks don’t hit me up after writing this blog post, I am going to set up a camera at my local Laundromat. I promise you, that is where all the action is.

image originally found here

0 Opinions:

Enregistrer un commentaire

The Inspiration Selection

Abduzeedo : Daily Inspiration.
Booooooom : Oh, yes. Art, photos, film and even a dash of music.
Core77 : The first ID site i ever was told about.
CG Textures : Get your textures here.
Deco Design : A french design blog ft. architecture, design and interiors.
Design Boom : An online magazine where new stuff Is.
Design Buzz : Find ideas and concepts right here.
Design is Kinky : Need i say more? (Graphics)
Design Sojourn : ID advice
The Drawing Arm : Illustration
Dribbble : Need a design/layout idea? Get one here.
Fast Company : How entrepreneurs are making it.
Fubiz : A french site dedicated to Architecture, design and all things love.
Inhabitat : Sustainable design is here.
Live Fast : Artsy Magazine online.
Lost Type : Free fonts.
New Scientist : Nerdy science, mainstream style.
The Noun Project : All about icons
Notcot : New design, fashion and food in small, quick pictures.
Public domain review: historical facts
TED : Thinking? TED will help.
Toxel : Innovative Designs, and more.
Whudat : A German blog showing various clips from videos, new design, and photography. Just plain brilliant.
Wilson Quarterly : Updating you on world ideas
Yanko Design : ID News
ZDNet : Nerdy Tech Stuff. AU based.

About Us

Red Rabbit and Company is an exploration of all things design by Kathryn Hing. This is inspiration.
 
Copyright © 2010 Red Rabbit & Kompany, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger